Monkey Bunks is committed to the responsible use of forest resources, including the wood used in our furniture. We make this commitment in order to do our part in protecting the world's remaining forests from deforestation.
We are actively working with our suppliers to eliminate wood from unacceptable sources and to increase the amount of responsible wood in our products catalogue over time.
What does responsible wood mean to us?
- Wood that is legally and sustainably harvested
- Wood that is from acceptable plantations, i.e., existing plantations (minimum 25 years old) that do not contribute to further deforestation
- Preferably certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or another certifying body, as applicable
What is irresponsible wood?
- Illegally harvested or traded
- Harvested in violation of traditional or civil rights
- Harvested form areas where conservation is threatened by poor forest management
- Harvested to clear land the land for other non-forest uses (such as plantations)
- From forests where genetically modified trees are being planted
Monkey Bunks also commits to publicly reporting on our progress annually, to keep us accountable and also provide our stakeholders with updates on our journey to be an increasingly environmentally conscious company.
For more information please visit: