...is more common than you might think
- This year in America, more than 2.5 million children will experience homelessness.
- That is one in every 30 children.
- 35% of the entire homeless population in the United States is comprised of families with children, more than half of whom are under the age of six.
- Many families are just one missing paycheck or medical bill away from becoming homeless - and the pandemic has not helped.
- Homelessness impacts children in profound ways - children who experience homelessness are far more likely to repeat grades drop out of school, and struggle with mental health.
The situation is dire, but we can all do something to help. Monkey Bunks is helping by supporting Family Promise.
Why Family Promise?
Like us, Family Promise believes that every child deserves a home.
Family Promise delivers life-saving services: prevention, shelter, and stabilization to families in need. This amazing organization services more than 110,000 people in need every year. Family Promise is a four-star charity as rated by Charity Navigator.
Monkey Bunks is very proud to support Family Promise as a corporate sponsor.